Our region, South Australia's Limestone Coast, is home to a wonderful array of great experiences. Penola combines cultural heritage with historic charm. It is the home of the Mary MacKillop Interpretative Centre, cafes, the award winning restaurants Pipers of Penola and Upstairs at Hollick, galleries and great shopping. Also worth a visit and an easy drive from the winery are Mount Gambier's sparkling Blue Lake, the World Heritage-listed fossils at the Naracoorte Caves, The Coorong and the lovely coastal towns of Robe, Beachport and Kingston SE.
Visit www.penola.org for attractions and accommodation information.
Our calendar of events
Throughout the year Coonawarra and its wineries host a number of events. Whilst any time of the year is a great time to visit, these events offer a special experience.
- January - Coonawarra Cup, held at Penola racecourse on the second Thursday of the month.
- April - After Dark, experience the thrills of vintage
- May -Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival, 11 days of arts celebration
- July - Cellar Dwellers, a whole month of events
- October - Coonawarra Cabernet Celebrations, celebrating everything Cabernet!